The following describes the entire process of moving in to an apartment at Bridger Village starting from submitting your application through receiving the keys for your apartment.
- You and all your co-tenants and/or cosigners (if you have any) EACH submit an online application through an available apartment listing found on the website. Even husbands and wives must each submit their own application. You each must include all supporting documents (proof of income like a recent pay stub or tax document and photo ID like a driver’s license or passport) and fees with your application. We will not start processing applications until ALL co-tenants in a group have submitted their applications.
- All applications in a group (including any cosigner applications) must be submitted within a week of each other to be considered. If after a week, there are still missing applications in a group and/or missing documents such as proof of income, we may cancel your application.
- Once we have received ALL the applications in your group (all co-tenants and/or cosigners if you have any) and ALL the documents requested to complete the applications, we will process your application within 3 business days.
- More info on applying can be found in our “How Do I Apply” section
Once your application is complete (all applications in your group are complete) we will contact you within 3 business days to let you know if you are approved or denied. If you are approved, we will contact you by phone to go over the details and next steps to reserve your apartment. This will include but is not limited to the following;
- We will confirm the amount of the security deposit which must be paid in the form of a money order or cashier’s check. Payment in the form of a personal check is not accepted for the security deposit.
- We will confirm the date that we will need to receive the security deposit. Our policy is that the security deposit must be paid within TWO BUSINESS DAYS of the approval phone call. If the security deposit is not paid by this date, the apartment may be offered to another applicant. Security deposits can be dropped off at the office during normal business hours or dropped off into a rent drop box after hours. If you are out of town, we will need you to email us a picture of the security deposit within two business days to reserve your apartment. Then you can send the deposit to us via USPS first class mail.
- An agreement will be made as to which specific unit you will be renting, and the start and end dates of the lease will be confirmed. We normally have all leases end on the 31st of May.
- The monthly rent will be reviewed and the date the rent charge will begin will be confirmed. The rent charge begins the first day the lease starts. You will be responsible for paying rent starting on the lease start date, even if you decide to move in on a date after the lease start. If the lease start date is not on the first of the month, the rent may be pro-rated for that month. Then, after the first prorated month, rent will be due on the 1st of each month for the remainder of your lease.
- We require all tenants to be covered by some form of liability renter’s insurance so you will need to provide proof of renter’s insurance for the apartment. There are two ways to fulfill this requirement. One way is to purchase your own renter’s insurance policy, the other is to enroll in the landlord’s resident liability Insurance program.
Renter’s insurance can be purchased from the same company that insures your vehicle. All tenants must be listed by name on one policy or each can have separate policies. Please have us added to your policy as either an “Additionally Insured” or “Interested Party”. You will need to provide us proof of insurance BEFORE your move in date.
If you do not get us proof of insurance before your move in date, or you choose not to purchase renters’ insurance you will be enrolled by default into the Landlord’s Required Resident Liability insurance program. A $9.50 charge will be added each month to your rent to purchase liability insurance for the apartment. This policy will cover all tenant’s liability for the apartment. It does not cover your personal belongings.
- We will remind you that we are an Experian RentBureau community which allows your payment of rent to be reported to a credit agency allowing you to build credit for paying your rent. More information on this program can be found here.
After we have discussed the points above on the phone with at least one of the approved applicants, we will then send all tenants and cosigners and email confirming all the points we have described above in written form.
- Lease Signing
Once we have received the security deposit, we will begin an electronic lease signing process. Each tenant and cosigner (if you have one) will receive an email from our Tenant Portal Activation System with a link to set up a tenant portal. You will each find the lease in your respective tenant portals. Because we do online lease signing, all tenants and cosigners must have their own portal. You cannot share a portal and you CANNOT sign documents through another person’s portal. You will be able to access your lease, pay rent, request maintenance, check your ledger and do other tasks through your tenant portal. There is a free mobile app for the tenant portal that works with both Apple & Droid devices.
You can view a sample lease here
- Move in Day
We will schedule a check in appointment for your move in day. On the agreed upon date we will meet with you at the office to do the following:
- Collect the first month’s rent and insurance charge (if you do not provide proof of renter’s insurance).
- Review important parts of the lease and Bridger Village protocols with you, give you your parking permits, sign out your apartment and mail keys and give you the laundry room code.
- Review the Condition of Premises Report with you and do a walk through of the unit so that we can make sure that we agree on the condition of the unit, including cleanliness and any damages, as you will be responsible to return the unit in the same clean condition when you vacate.
We request that all tenants who will be living in the unit be present for the check in appointment.
- Setting up Internet Service
A basic high speed internet service through Xtreme Communications is included in your monthly rent. Tenants are responsible for contacting Xtreme communications at (406) 920-2045 and arranging for their service to be set up upon move in.